We stage approximately 70 race days per annum with more than a €6 million prize fund pot on offer. The Swedish racing calendar includes two Group 3 races and 14 Listed races.
Svensk Galopp and our trotting counterpart Svensk Travsport co-own ATG, the main betting operator in Sweden.
The responsibilities of Svensk Galopp include:
- Managing and operating the racecourses in Sweden
- Regulation and integrity of horse racing
- The Swedish Stud Book
- Licensing of racing professionals
- Fixture list and race planning
- Equine welfare
- Promotion and marketing of horse racing in Sweden
- Racecard production
- Pony racing
- Industry training and education
We are represented in the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities, European and Mediterranean Horse Racing Federation and European Pattern Race Committee.